Fast Protein Vegetarian Burger Patties
Looking for a Vegetarian Fast Protein Boost?
Vegetarian recipes are often lacking in one key nutrient: protein. Protein is the building block of muscle and is especially important for athletes. According to Healthline, black beans and quinoa are some of the leading sources of vegan protein offering 15 and 9 grams of protein, respectively. This recipe combines these two protein-packed ingredients. One scoop of Fast Protein’s Unflavored Whey Protein Powder gives these vegetarian black bean and quinoa burger patties an added protein boost, for a delicious protein-packed powerhouse!
- 1 scoop Fast Protein Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 egg
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Spices of your choice
- Optional: breadcrumbs
- Mash the black beans in a large bowl. Leave some beans whole for texture.
- Combine all ingredients into the same bowl.
- Mix ingredients together. If the mixture seems too loose or difficult to shape together, you can add some breadcrumbs as a binder.
- Shape the mixture into patties and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with lettuce, buns, or just eat as a tasty snack!
This blend of high-protein ingredients and complex carbohydrates is an energy-boosting, healthy recipe to fuel your day and your fitness routine, and it’s completely vegetarian!
To your health!