What is Whey Protein ?
What is Whey? All dairy (milk) products contain whey, one of the main proteins in dairy. During processing into a powder (spray dry the liquid), the liquid milk is separated into solid curds (casein) and liquid (whey). Basically, whey is a derivative of cheese. It has been found to promote gains in lean muscle mass and muscle strength, boost exercise performance, as well as increase the body's ability to repair muscles post-exercise. Men's Health magazine states that “if you’re looking to build muscle, boost your performance, and make the most out of all your hard work in the gym, whey protein is the way to go.”
The three main types of whey protein powders on the market today are as follows:
Whey protein concentrate (WPC): As its name suggests, the protein here is concentrated. WPC maintains more nutrients than other types of whey because of the processing methods, WPC is about 80% pure protein. It has some lactose.
Whey protein isolate (WPI): It's quicker to digest than WPC; it also is usually removed of all carbohydrates and therefore the lactose, making it suitable for many folks with lactose intolerance. Since most of the fat and sugar has been removed so are a lot of the fat-soluble vitamins. WPI is about 90% pure protein.
Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH): Refers to the process that breaks down the little building blocks of proteins, called peptides, and into an almost "pre-digested" state for quickest absorption (but whey on the whole digests pretty quickly). It also can sometimes taste bitter because of processing methods.
According to so many research, Whey Protein is the best protein possible is one that has all the essential amino acids, which allows you to build muscle faster, calorie-per-calorie is the best 140 calory you can have for your overall health ( One Scoop of Fast Protein Whey Protein Powder has 25g of pure protein with only 140 calories).
Adding Whey Protein to your diet will benefit you in a multitude of ways:
- Your body absorbs whey protein more quickly than other protein sources for an anabolic effect that supports fat loss and increases your muscle-to-fat ratio.
- BCAAs from whey protein help increase athletic performance, reduce fatigue, and boost your metabolism.
- Whey protein is a complete protein. It contains 9 essential Amino acids, and that it supports your immune system and aid in recovery by reducing inflammation and increasing your body’s natural production of the master antioxidant glutathione.
- Protein powder doesn’t just keep you feeling full, it also helps balance blood sugar stimulating the release of insulin, and decreasing the hunger hormone ghrelin.
- It complements the main sources of protein such as fish, beef, chicken and optimizes your calory intake. Less calory, less cost, and less cholesterol than traditional sources of protein.
Enjoy Fast Protein as a complete protein anytime, anywhere. Whey Protein Powder by Fast Protein is Fast, Convenient, Delicious, and for Everyone!